Waking Up Your RV After Winter Storage
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about RV Storage and other RV topics.
How do I wake up my RV after a winter snooze?
If you are a warm-weather camper, there are a few things to remember when starting the season after a snooze. Whether your RV storage is indoor or out, here's what you need to remember to get going again:
- Fill your holding tank with a 50/50 percent bleach/water solution to kill any mold or fungus that may have grown over the winter and flush with fresh water. Hook up a pressurized fresh water line and turn on all sinks, including outdoor shower, to flush out all traces of antifreeze.
- Treat your black and grey tanks with RV tank treatment solution from your RV store.
- Inspect your appliances. Gas appliances need to be inspected for cracked or worn hoses.
- Inspect electrical system for corrosion and/or malfunctions. Turn on all lights, radios, and operate any electrical equipment to be sure it works.
- Test for carbon monoxide leaks.
- Check tire pressure and condition of tires. Be sure pressure is at the recommended level for your RV.
- Open all doors, drawers and cabinets and check for critters who may have camped out over the winter. They probably don't want to live with you either!
- Clean your RV inside and out with recommended cleaner from your RV store to get a good start on the season.
Remember that none of these tips can replace the need for regular maintenance during indoor or outdoor RV storage.